unc0ver 6.0.0 jailbreak tool is now available for the latest iPhone 12 models, and other iOS and iPadOS devices. This iOS 14.3 jailbreak tool was teased a few days ago, however, it was publicly announced and released today by the developers.
This new jailbreak is based on the CVE-2021-1782 vulnerability that we wrote about a few days ago. This allows unc0ver 6.0.0 to support every iOS device, including the newest A14 iPhone and iPad models available. It also supports iOS 11.0 – iOS 14.3, and every version in between.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14 – iOS 14.3 on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and other latest devices using unc0ver 6.0.0
There are multiple methods for using unc0ver 6.0.0, however, AltStore and Cydia Impactor are simpler to use, compared to using Xcode.
To use this iOS 14.3 jailbreak using AltStore, you would need to download the latest versions of iTunes and iCloud on Windows, directly from Apple (not from Microsoft Store). On macOS, just make sure you are on the latest version of macOS.
- Download and install the latest version of AltStore.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or Windows PC using a cable, open iTunes, and enable Wi-Fi sync. In macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, you will have to open Finder and click on ‘Show this iPhone when on WiFi’. In Windows, this can be done by using the latest version of iTunes.
- On Mac: open AltServer and right-click its icon in the menubar, and click on Install Mail Plug-in. Enter your Mac password to allow AltServer to install the plug-in. Restart the Mail app and go to Mail > Preferences > Manage Plug-ins to enable AltPlugin. Restart Mail one final time. On Windows, you can skip this step.
- When your iPhone or iPad is connected to your computer via Wi-Fi sync, right-click on the AltServer icon and click on Install AltStore. Enter your Apple ID email and password to continue.
- Go to Settings → General → Device Management on your iOS device, tap on your Apple ID, and tap the trust button.
- Go to Safari on your iOS device, navigate to uncover.dev, and install it using the AltStore app.
- Open the unc0ver app and tap jailbreak to complete the process.
This method can be followed on Windows, Mac, and Linux, however, you will need an Apple Developer account before proceeding.
- Download the latest version of Cydia Impactor and install it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- Download the latest version of unc0ver 6.0.0 IPA.
- Open Cydia Impactor and drag the unc0ver IPA file to it.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. If you use two-factor authentication, generate an app-specific password from appleid.apple.com, and use it instead, otherwise, the tool will not work.
- Once unc0ver is installed on your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Tap on your Apple ID profile and tap on trust unc0ver.
- Open unc0ver and tap on jailbreak.
Once you follow any of the above methods, your iOS device will respring to complete the iOS 14.3 jailbreak process. Once successful, you will see the Cydia app on your home screen.
It is unclear as to whether unc0ver 6.0.0 supports Substitute 2.0.0, which is supposed to bring improved performance to jailbreak devices.
CVE-2021-1782 vulnerability has opened the flood gates for jailbreak tools to get new releases to support iOS 14.3 and all A14 devices. It had been a while since jailbreak tools were stuck on older A-series chips. Expect other tools like Odyssey to be updated soon with support for new iOS devices.