Apple has released iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6 beta 1 to developers. The update is now available for registered iPhones and iPads enrolled in the developer beta program.
At the time of writing, it is unclear as to what is new in these updates. Apple has not posted any release notes for this update, and neither have any new noticeable changes been found yet.
iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6 releases
May 19 – Apple released the first beta to developers. The only change found so far is that iMessage Contact Key Verification is being worked on. You can read more about it here:
There is nothing new in the update so far. Apple previously release iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 with the following features:
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture
– Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
– My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games
– Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
– Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content
– Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
How to install iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6
If you have an Apple Developer Account, make sure that you are logged in to your iPhone or iPad with the same account. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and change the option in “Beta Updates” to “Developer Beta”. The update will appear shortly and you can download and install it over the air. You can also opt to switch to the public beta instead from this option.
Devices compatible with iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with the new software update:
- iPhone 8 or later models
- iPhone X or later models
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)