Apple has released iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6 to all users with compatible iPhone and iPad models. As per Apple, the update contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6 releases
July 24 – Apple has released the final updates to all users.
As per Apple, this update provides important bug fixes and security updates and is recommended for all users.
The security fixes are focused on WebKit, Kernel, and other components. A few of the security vulnerabilities have been reported by Apple to have been actively exploited, so it is recommended that users update as soon as possible.
July 18 – Apple has released the third beta to developers.
July 10 – Apple has released the third beta to developers.
June 27 – Apple has released the third beta to developers.
June 15 – Apple has released the third beta to developers.
May 31 – Apple has released the second beta to developers.
May 19 – Apple released the first beta to developers. The only change found so far is that iMessage Contact Key Verification is being worked on. You can read more about it here:
There is nothing new in the update so far. Apple previously release iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 with the following features:
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture
– Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
– My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games
– Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
– Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content
– Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
How to install iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6
If you have an Apple Developer Account, make sure that you are logged in to your iPhone or iPad with the same account. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and change the option in “Beta Updates” to “Developer Beta”. The update will appear shortly and you can download and install it over the air. You can also opt to switch to the public beta instead from this option.
Devices compatible with iOS 16.6 and iPadOS 16.6
Here is the list of devices that are compatible with the new software update:
- iPhone 8 or later models
- iPhone X or later models
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)