Apple recently released iOS 16 beta 5 to developers and beta testers and gradually new changes are coming to iOS 16 in the fall are discovered. It is found that the latest beta update includes a new “Copy and Delete” option for screenshots which appears to be a solution for cluttering the photos library with screenshots.
Currently, when iPhone users take a screenshot, the preview of that image shows three options: save to photos, save to files, or delete screenshot. This means users have to save the screenshot if want to share it on another platform or delete it which can quickly clutter the Photo library.
The new “Copy and Delete” option found in iOS 16 beta 5 will declutter screenshots from Photos Library
As seen in the image, a new “Copy and Delete” option appears in the menu when users capture a screenshot, tap on it to preview, and press done to close.
The newly added “Copy and Delete” option will allow users to directly copy the captured image to send it via messaging app or upload it on a platform and delete it simultaneously. Then it will not be saved to Photos or Files.
Other changes introduced in the iOS 16 beta 5 update are battery percentage UI element for iPhones with a notch, iPhone X and newer models, and a new ping sound alert on the Find My app. We will keep updated with other changes found in the latest beta update.
- Apple seeds macOS Ventura developer beta 5
- Apple seeds watchOS 9 beta 5 to developers
- tvOS 16 developer beta 5 – HDR10+, Matter, Nintendo Switch controller support and more
- Apple to launch iPadOS 16 in October, a month after the launch of iOS 16 in September – Report
- New iOS 16 wallpapers support always-on display, functionality may be coming to iPhone 14 Pro
- iOS 15.6 beta 2 includes fix for Apple Music bug that kicks out other apps from dock
- Download iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 IPSW firmware files