We are all aware of the advantages of flashing custom ROMs over stock, especially when your phone comes with carrier branding. We have a similar case with the AT&T Samsung Focus which is a Windows Phone 7 device. Well fret no more, we have finally found the simplest and safest process to jailbreaking the Samsung Focus.
Samsung launched Focus in 2 different REV versionsL 1.3 REV and 1.4 REV. You can determine your device’s REV version by removing the battery, it should be mentioned on your device. If not, look carefully! :)
The process is bit similar to the one we used to flash custom WP 6.1 / 6.5 roms in HTC Diamond or HTD HD2. If you are one of those old school geeks, following process is nothing but few clicks and taps.
What we need:
- Samsung mobile USB drivers [download link]
- Microsoft Zune Installed and Synced properly with your phone.
- PC with Hi-speed internet connection or you can wait for a century…
- Samsung Focus / Omnia 7 [We are using Focus]
We need to flash MAGLDR on your device now – trust me, its easy:
- Download the MAGLDR installer from here [link at the bottom of the first post]
- Extract the file and open it.
- Put your phone into the download mode by switching it off completely and then press and hold POWER + VOL UP + CAMERA.
- Once you see that exclamation mark in the yellow triangle on your phone’ screen, connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Wait for the drivers to initialize, once it is done keep hitting next.
- You’ll be notified by a congratulations message and your phone will reboot automatically.
- Download any ROM you want to flash on your device from here.
- Launch MAGLDR by switching off your device. Press and hold POWER + VOL DOWN + CAMERA, a screen will appear asking you to format, just go back using your device’s soft key.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Let the drivers reinitialize, USB text will become GREEN on your device screen when it’s ready.
- The installation package is included in Rom file, look for “DFT_WPI_SAM1.exe” and Run it! Keep hitting next and you are done!
No more chevron $9 utility required, your device is now entirely unlocked with lots of fixes, updates, and apps that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise.
If you need help in following this guide, leave a message in the comments below.