Here is how you can easily find your lost AirPods Pro 2 using Precision Finding in the Find My app on your iPhone.
The new AirPods Pro 2 come in a redesigned charging case that features sweat and water resistance, a lanyard loop, and a built-in speaker for users to easily locate it. More interestingly, the new charging case is also compatible with Precision Finding tech to show users guided directions on U1-enabled iPhones to locate the case.
Precision Finding was firstly introduced on AirTag to locate the tracker or item it is attached to if it is nearby. Integrated with the Find My app, the feature uses iPhone’s Ultra Wideband chip to play a sound on the AirTag and show guided directions on the map to locate it. This whole process takes advantage of the Find My network which helps in locating both Apple’s own devices as well as compatible third-party products. Find My network works even if there is Internet connectivity since it relies on Apple’s network of millions of devices, which use Bluetooth to share device locations with each other, while completely maintaining data privacy and security.
Now, the Precision Finding tech has been expanded to AirPods Pro 2. Although the case of the second-generation earbuds has a lanyard loop to hold on to it and a speaker to locate it, sometimes the compact case can slide between cushions of the couch or get buried under a pile of clothes or books which makes it hard to find it.
For such incidents, we have a comprehensive guide for you to locate the AirPods Pro 2 through Precision Finding.
How to enable Precision Finding for AirPods Pro 2
To use Precision Finding on AirPods Pro 2, you will have to enable the Find My support.
- Settings app > AirPods > Show in Find My.
How to locate AirPods Pro 2 using Precision Finding via the Find My app
- Open the Find My app and select AirPods in the “Devices” list.
- Tap “Find”. The “Nearby” label will appear under “Find” if the AirPods Pro 2 charging case is close to your location.
- Once the Precision Finding launches on the iPhone, simply follow the directions on the screen to locate your headphones.
- When you will be a few feet away from the headphones, you will feel haptic feedback on your iPhone to indicate that you are getting close.
This should help you easily find your lost AirPods Pro 2.