Microsoft Office apps have been updated with a new section for managing add-ins. The new section is in the File menu, under the Add-ins tab. It provides a central location for users to view, manage, and install add-ins.
Table of Contents
New Add-ins section in Microsoft Office apps provides a central location for all of your add-in
Microsoft has introduced the “Add-ins” section in the Home tab for managing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint add-ins. It provides a centralized place to view, manage, and install add-ins for all Office apps.
Benefits of the new Add-ins section in Microsoft Office apps:
- It provides a central location for all of the add-ins, so users can easily find and manage them.
- It makes it easier to discover new add-ins, as users can browse and search for them in the Office Store.
- It gives users more control over their add-ins, as they can enable, disable, and uninstall them from this section.
- It helps users to stay safe, as they can view the permissions that each add-in has.
The new Add-ins section is a welcome addition to Microsoft Office. It makes it easier to find, install, and manage add-ins for these three popular apps, which can help you to be more productive.
How to find the new Ad-in section in Microsoft suit:
The section is located in the File menu and it includes the following features:
- A list of all of the add-ins that are installed in the Office apps.
- The ability to search for and install new add-ins from the Office Store.
- The ability to manage the add-ins, including enabling, disabling, and uninstalling them.
- The ability to view the permissions that each add-in has.
How to update Microsoft Office apps to the latest version
- Open any Office app, such as Word or Excel.
- Click on the File menu.
- Select Account.
- Under Product Information, click on Update Options.
- Click on Update Now.
- Once Microsoft Office apps are updated, you can find the new section for managing add-ins by clicking on the File menu and selecting Add-ins.
Quick note: If using a managed version of Microsoft Office, users may need to contact their IT administrator to update their apps.
The new Add-ins section is rolling out to Office users gradually. If users don’t see it yet, they should see it in the coming weeks.