The new iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS Sonoma, watchOS 10 and other updates will be released to everyone this Fall. After announcing the updates at the WWDC 2023, Apple has published the list of new features coming to Apple Services later this year.
Upcoming features in iOS 17 deepen integration between Apple services
Here are the new features coming to nine Apple services in iOS 17:
New Apple Music features in iOS 17
- Collaborative Playlists feature allows users to collaborate on playlists with friends and family to select or edit tracks and even react to songs
- Support for Continuity Camera to enhance users’ Apple Music Sing experience. Users will be able to see themselves onscreen and also apply filters to make the session more entertaining
- Song Credits in Apple Music provide information on the artists who contributed to a track
- Support for SharePlay in Music allows passengers to join the session and play their favorite songs or new discoveries in the car
Podcasts app in iOS 17 gains Apple Music radio shows
- The entire catalog of Apple Music radio shows is available on the Podcasts app for free.
- Audio stories from Apple News+
- Revamped ‘Now Playing’ features new background design to showcase a podcast’s art and improve queue management
- Episode art to offer more information about an episode
- Connect eligible subscriptions to top apps on the App Store to access new shows and other benefits
- Users can select an area and download its map with a single tap
- View available electric vehicle charging stations in real-time filtered by plug type, charging network and more
- Park trails let users discover new trails in parks across the United States
- Create custom workout and meditation routines with preferred duration, workout type, day, and more.
- Queue back-to-back workouts and meditations sessions with Stacks
- New Audio Focus feature allows users to prioritize either the music or the trainer’s voice during a session.
- New “Location” feature in the Send menu to share and request locations directly through Find My in Messages and Maps.
- Up to five members can share items using AirTag and Find My
- Daily crosswords and mini-cross work with Puzzles
- New series pages display all the books available in a serious, feature a toggle for switching between ebook and audiobooks versions, discover recommendations, and more
- Set up recurring payments on weekly, biweekly, or monthly bases
- Ability to top up Apple Cash balance automatically when running low
- Businesses will accept IDs directly in the iPhone Wallet app without additional hardware. It will “streamline their ability to securely check a customer’s age in person for things like alcohol purchases or to verify a customer’s identity at checkout for car rentals, and more
“Apple’s services enrich millions of users’ lives every day, so we constantly strive to deliver the best experience possible,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Services. “Not only do we want to make services more powerful for users, we also want to make them more fun. And I think the teams have done an incredible job with the lineup of new features we’re delivering this fall, from Collaborative Playlists in Apple Music, to offline maps in Apple Maps, to new experiences in Apple Podcasts.”