The Nike + GPS iOS app turns 5 today, and to celebrate, Nike has the app available for free in the app store. The Nike + app allows you to map and track your runs, using the phones GPS functionality (This app will run on the 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2G, 3G, 4G). The app will even allow you to compete with your friends in a game of tag.
The features of this app include:
- Record your distance, pace and route using the iPhone’s GPS capability, allowing you to challenge yourself to go faster on the same route.
- Get voice feedback during your run telling you distance ran or pace ran.
- Upload your runs online to challenge friends or to keep yourself motivated.
- Set up songs to play during your run to help give you the extra push to get up the next hill.
- Keeps records of routes already ran and challenges you to beat your time.
- The newest feature is the Nike + tag, challenging your friends to a distance competition.
If you are a runner, or know a runner, now is the time to download this app. It is free today, and will help keep you motivated for that next run. Download the app here!
Subscribe to our RSS Feed and keep following us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for all the latest news, updates and more.