If you have an iPad and are looking for a keyboard to add to your arsenal of accessories, then be sure to check out the new Logitech Keyboard case by ZAGG. The keyboard connects to the iPad via Bluetooth and also turns into a case to transport the case and iPad together when you’re on the go. The folks at ZAGG were nice enough to send us a case to review as well as some other cool goodies.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum with a bead-blasted, anodized finish that matches the iPad 2
- Innovative low profile stand has no moving parts and holds the iPad 2 securely in either profile or landscape orientation
- Military grade high-density padding for superior drop protection
- Stylish, thin and lightweight
- Island-style keys engineered to provide maximum typing room
- Large, flat base allow for use on a soft or uneven surface such as a lap or on a bed
- Only adds about 1/8″ to the iPad 2
- Embedded wireless Bluetooth physical keyboard
- Special function keys for music control, volume control, slideshow, home, search, etc
- Remove the iPad 2 from your Logitech Keyboard Case by ZAGG for iPad 2 and your iPad 2 automatically wakes up. Place it back and your iPad 2 goes to sleep
- Sold for $99.99 at ZAGG
The packaging was nice, showing the keyboard design quite well and was very clean. Once opened, the box contained the keyboard case, a charging cable, a manual, and some rubber feet to put on the bottom of the case.
The case also allows the iPad to sit in both Landscape and Portrait, and it feels very solid. Because the iPad is held so well, you can use it on almost any surface. I’ve used it on the bed, on my lap, or on a flat table, while the case was holding the iPad equally well. The one downside is the corners and edge of the case on the outside are a bit sharp, similar to that of the MacBook Pro. The wide flat bottom of the case also helps it stay sturdy on an uneven surface. Also, when the iPad sits in Landscape, it almost looks like a MacBook Air!
However, this is still a case. The iPad sits upside down inside the case and is held very well. It actually takes some muscle to get the iPad out of the case. It will also go to sleep once set in the case, and wake up once removed. Another nice feature to add.
Overall, if you need a case or a keyboard, or you want both, then this is definitely for you. I even used the keyboard to write this blog post. It feels solid, the keys are easy to push and are spaced out enough to give your fingers room.
If you are looking for a case, a keyboard, or both, then go to ZAGG’s site now and buy one! It will be the best $99 you have spent on your iPad for accessories and will help you with your productivity. So bye to your laptop with this case and hello to the iPad of the future! I give this case a 5-star product rating and must buy an accessory for any iPad.