Telegram for macOS has been updated with a new power-saving mode to conserve Macs’ energy and improve users’ experience.
Telegram is a popular messaging app that allows users to send texts, photos, videos, stickers, and more in chats, protected end-to-end encryption. It is also a great tool to host online communities as users can create group chats with up to 200,000 members, share any type of document up to 2GB, and even set up bots for specific tasks. The app is available on iOS, iPadOS and macOS.
New ‘power-saving mode’ on Telegram for macOS is a customizable and opt-in feature
To enhance the app’s desktop experience, Telegram for macOS app was updated to version 9.4.1 which includes the new “Power Saving Mode” opt-in feature.
When enabled in the app’s settings, the mode turns off power-consuming activities and effects like videos, stickers, animated emojis, and more to consume less energy or power. The release notes read.
Furthermore, users can customize the new mode. For example, users can disable specific effects and animations when the Power Saving mode is turned on. It can also be set to turn on automatically when Mac’s battery reaches a certain level.
The latest update also includes bug fixes and performance improvements: The release notes read:
Power Saving Mode
- New switch to disable all resource-intensive processes with one click.
- Individual autoplay settings for videos, GIFs, stickers, animated emoji and more.
- Power saving mode turns on automatically based on battery charge.
- Bug fixes, performance improvements and all that jazz.
Telegram is available on the Mac App Store for free with $4.99 for the premium tier. It requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Telegram Messenger updated with new Topics in Groups, Voice-to-text support and more
- Telegram stops testing a new “paid posts” feature on iOS after it was discovered
- Apple clears the air related to Telegram’s latest update including new “Telemojis” and more
- WhatsApp testing ability to edit messages, similar to iMessage and Telegram