The official Twitter app for iPhone and iPad has been updated to version 3.2.1 which brings full support for iOS 4.2 as well as the much awaited ‘Push Notifications’ feature, something which was not found in any twitter client without a subscription. There is also addition of inline media for the iPad version with tons of UI enhancements and bug fixes.
“In addition to @mentions, we’re also bringing push notifications for Messages to Twitter for iPhone, as we’ve already done with SMS and Twitter for Blackberry. We’re working hard to introduce this feature to Twitter for Android and Twitter for Windows Phone soon.
To turn on SMS notifications, go to twitter.com/devices and check the boxes under “Text message notifications”. You can change your notifications settings at any time. For example, text “set mentions all’ to turn on notifications for @mentions from everyone, rather than just those whom you follow, and ‘set mentions off’ to turn off @mentions notifications.”
Official changelog for version 3.2.1:
– Push notifications for @mentions and messages
– Improved display of shortened URLs
– Correctly load reserved Twitter.com paths, such as http://twitter.com/newtwitter
– Fix connection error caused by a device clock being set incorrectly
– Additional retina graphics
– Enable geotagging in your account with one tap
– fix itunes links
– Inline media
– Manage saved searches
– UI improvements
[via Official Twitter blog]