Users with the original launch version of Windows 11 21H2, will automatically be upgraded to the latest version of Windows 11 22H2. The update is rolling out in waves, starting with PCs that have been running the original version 21H2 for the longest.
(Image credit: Future)
Here’s everything new in the Windows 11 version 22H2 update
Microsoft has announced, starting now Windows 11 PCs with the original launch version 21H2 will automatically be updated to the latest 22H2 version. And on Windows 10, new feature updates will only be forced upon users running an unsupported version of the operating system.
Today we begin to automatically update consumer and non-managed business devices running Windows 11, version 21H2 Home and Pro editions to Windows 11, version 22H2. Since Windows 10, we have been helping Windows users stay up-to-date and secure with supported versions of Windows through automatic updates. We are utilizing this same approach for Windows 11 to help you stay protected and productive. The automatic update to Windows 11, version 22H2 will happen gradually starting with those devices that have been using version 21H2 for the longest period of time. As always, you will have the ability to choose a convenient time for your device to restart and complete the update.
(Image credit: Beeping computer)
The top new features on Windows 11 version 22H2 are:
- App folders in the Start menu
- Resizable pinned area in the Start menu
- Drag and Drop on the Taskbar
- Focus Assist integration with Notification Center
- New “Spotlight” wallpaper feature
- New Voice Access accessibility feature
- New Live Captions accessibility feature
- New gestures and animations for touch users
- New snap layouts bar when moving app windows
- New Task Manager app
- New “Suggested Actions” feature when copying dates/numbers
- Tabs in File Explorer
- Better OneDrive integration with File Explorer
- Numerous UI improvements and consistency updates
Microsoft says, “Customer feedback and analysis show a positive experience with Windows 11, version 22H2,” to reassure users with the latest version of Windows 11 won’t cause any issues once users upgrade.
- Apple says white rings caused by HomePod 2 on wood surfaces are temporary
- Windows 11’s File Explorer to get a modern design, a new home button, and more
- Apple Music launches ‘Replay 2023’ a weekly updated playlist
- Apple Support app now available in 3 more languages and 118 new regions
- Apple violates workers’ rights by going after employees who leak confidential info, NLRB