Windows 11 on the Surface Duo just updated to version 2303.64, adding DisplayPort support through USB-C, the ability to update the Surface Slim Pen charger by plugging it into the Surface Duo with a USB-C cable, and a bunch of improvements.
The Surface Duo is a foldable smartphone that features two displays. This smartphone is designed for multitasking and rocks for things like web browsing, emails, watching videos, and light gaming. The smartphone is meant to run Android but it can also run Windows 11.
Here is everything in the Surface Duo Windows 11 version 2303.64 release notes
Microsoft has been working on Windows 11 on the Surface Duo project for a year now and the company still doesn’t have a smartphone that can support Windows 11 operating system (OS) however, users can only force the Windows 11 OS onto the Surface Duo smartphone.
Recently, Windows 11 on Surface Duo received DisplayPort support via USB-C and users can now update a Surface Slim Pen charger by plugging it into a Surface Duo.
Remember, Surface Duo is meant to run Android, not Windows 11, so users may face bugs and glitches and be limited when a user forces the Windows 11 OS onto the smartphone.
Head of the Windows 11 on Surface Duo project, Gustave Monce, shared the release notes of version 2303.64:
- You can now update your Surface Slim Pen charger by plugging it into Surface Duo using a USB-C to C cable. Updating the charging cradle is required in order for the Surface Slim Pen 2 to charge in the cradle in case the cradle does not run the latest available firmware.
- Putting a Surface Slim Pen into a connected charging cradle will automatically pair it with Surface Duo
- Removing a Surface Slim Pen from a connected charging cradle will automatically wake up Surface Duo
- New firmware is now available for Surface Slim Pen 2 users (the pen will automatically update once connected to the device)
- Touch drivers are now shared between both devices
- You can now use OTG devices effortlessly
- Charging is back into this release, without the BSOD issues that have been plaguing it before
- [WIP] Updated Calibration for Pens and Touch, not all of the changes are available as of now, so calibration may not be applied with this update (wait for the next update)
- [WIP] Added support for DisplayPort via USB-C
- [WIP] Updated Camera drivers, the Camera app will now start but not do much else
- [WIP] Updated Sensor driver to make the Geomagnetic Orientation sensor available
- Kremlin bans iPhone usage by officials involved in Russia’s 2024 presidential election
- Mumbai flagship Apple Store to open in April, Delhi store to open soon after
- Apple developing a new HomePod with 7-inch built-in display claims Kuo [U: To launch in 2024]
- USB-C port on iPhone 15 series will support fast charging only with MFi-certified chargers