Apple’s new AirPods 3 have received the teardown treatment and some interesting observations have come out of it. The teardown shows that the new H1 chip in AirPods 3 is smaller than its predecessors, and it has a different internal design than AirPods Pro. The MagSafe charging magnets are also revealed in this teardown video.
AirPods 3 teardown
The teardown video comes via 52audio, and includes disassembly of both the charging case and the individual buds.
Since AirPods 3 do not feature active noise cancellation, the internals are much smaller than those of AirPods Pro, despite a similar design with shorter stems. The YouTube video calls the internal structure of AirPods 3 much simpler, and most of the components are fixed using glue. The wireless charging chip used inside AirPods 3 charging case is a Broadcom 59356A2KUBG, while the battery is by DESAY.
The teardown of the AirPods 3 buds show that the new H1 chip is still the same model but is much smaller than the previous generation and its shape has also been redesigned. Apple did not change the model number of the chip but announced battery life improvements which include 30 hours of listening time or 20 hours of talk time with the charging case. This is 6 hours more listening time and 2 hours more talk time than AirPods Pro. The new AirPods 3 also support dynamic head tracking and spatial audio, which AirPods 2 do not support but AirPods Pro do. The new earbuds also feature a skin-detect sensor.
Check out the complete teardown video by 54audio from YouTube below:
- AirPods 3: unboxing and first impressions videos
- Apple reduces AirPods 2 price to $129 to make the wireless headphones more affordable than ever
- Report reconfirms future AirPods as health monitoring devices to measure temperature and more
- New AirPods Pro 2 will have a redesigned case with Find My support and more – Leak
- Apple extends the time period of AirPods Pro service program for sound issues
- AirPods Pro gain Conversation Boost, here’s how to enable the feature