YouTuber iJustine got a demo of the new AirPods Pro 2 arranged at Apple Park after the announcement of the new product lineup. The first look video of the new wireless headphone reveals a slightly slimmer and narrower charging case with all new lanyard loops and compatibility with Apple Watch charging puck.
Powered by the new H2 chip, the next-generation AirPods Pro offers 2x stronger Active Noise Cancellation and Adaptive Transparency mode and an immersive audio experience with Personalized Spatial Audio. The redesigned stem features Touch control for media playback and volume adjustments, along with longer battery life and an extra-small ear tip.
Design and audio upgrades on the AirPods Pro 2 are “cool”
Trying out the new AirPods Pro 2, Youtuber was excited about several different aspects or functionality of the new headphones.
- The improved speakers produce a louder ping sound, making it easier to find them if they are misplaced.
- Compatibility with the Apple Watch charger is very exciting for her as a traveler because she will be able to charge the new AirPods Pro 2 with her dual charger for iPhone and Apple Watch.
- She called the new Personalized Spatial Audio “pretty awesome”. As everyone’s ears are shaped differently, this feature delivers customized audio just for her ears.
- Comparing the Transparency mode of the previous AirPods Pro with the new one, she said that the older version produced a “teeny” sound that hurt her ears but the new ones do not have that issue. AirPods Pro 2 delivers very clean and nature audio in Transparency mode.
- Enhanced Active Noise Cancellation blocks every sound out and the audio sounds very good. As users can’t even hear themselves speak when the feature is enabled, an alert on their paired Apple Watch lets them know if the audio levels are ok or not.
- Touch controls on the stem work smoothly to turn the music up and down.
Bob Borchers, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing said:
“AirPods revolutionized the wireless headphone category with an innovative design and incredible sound quality. With the new AirPods Pro, Apple raises the bar once again. The new AirPods Pro deliver even better sound quality, a more immersive listening experience with Personalized Spatial Audio, and transformative audio features like Adaptive Transparency. With up to double the noise-cancelling power of their predecessor, the world’s bestselling wireless headphones just got even better.