At the September 7 “Far Out” event, Apple unveiled next-generation iPhone 14 series, Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, and AirPods Pro 2. Each new product features great innovation to offer users new experiences and convenience.
Apple has summarised all of the “biggest news” from the event in a new video for those who missed the live event on September 7 or do not have the time to stream the hours-long event.
Here is the “biggest news” from the Apple September event 2022
- iPhone 14 Pro lineup features 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch models that offer new experiences:
- Dynamic Island introduces an intuitive way to interact with iPhone. Powered by iOS 16, the new active space transforms to display alerts, notifications, and background activities right on top of the UI which can be accessed from anywhere in the system.
- A new class of Pro camera systems includes Photonic Engine’s best photos and video in low-light conditions, up to 2x on the Main camera, up to 3x on the Ultra Wide camera, up to 2x on the Telephoto camera, and up to 2x on the TrueDepth camera with autofocus.
- iPhone 14 Plus is the 6.7-inch model, the first of its kind.
- Emergency SOS via satellite, available across the new iPhone 14 series, is the new safety feature that allows users to contact emergency services from remote areas with no Wi-Fi and cellular coverage via satellite.
- Crash Detection is a groundbreaking safety capability. Powered by the new dynamic range gyroscope and dual-core accelerometer which can detect G-force measurements of up to 256Gs, Crash Detection on iPhone can detect a severe car crash and automatically dial emergency services when a user is unconscious or unable to reach their iPhone.
- 49mm Apple Watch Ultra is designed for rugged environments for extreme sports lovers.
- Apple Watch Series 8 brings new wrist temperature sensing capability for women. Integrated with Cycle tracking, the new temperature sensor sends ovulation estimates for women to plan fertility or better track their menstrual cycles.
- AirPods Pro 2 comes with a redesigned charging case, longer battery, and major audio improvements like 2x stronger Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode, and new Personalised Spatial Audio.
All the new products are available on Apple.com for pre-order and will start shipping from mid-September.