Built for exploration, endurance, and adventure, the all-new Apple Watch Ultra is unveiled with a completely new flat edge-to-edge design, the largest and brightest 49mm display, the biggest battery on an Apple Watch yet, enhanced durability, and much more.
Powered by watchOS 9, the Apple Watch Ultra offers breakthrough capabilities like automatically launching the new Depth app when submerged, Night mode, new metrics, improve watch faces, and more.
Here is everything you need to know about the new 49mm Apple Watch Ultra
Created for extreme environments, the Apple Watch Ultra consists of a 49mm case made from aerospace-grade titanium to provide corrosion resistance, durability, and a “perfect” balance of weight. The protruding casing around the screen protects the display from damage.
The smartwatch features a new customizable Action button to quickly access to different features like compass, workout, and others, a bigger Digital Crown, and three built-in microphones to improve sound quality on calls even in windy surroundings and play an 86-decibel siren in emergency situations.
The new smartwatch features a flat sapphire front crystal that is the biggest, brightest, and most rugged in an Apple Watch to date.
On a single charge, the Apple Watch Ultra’s battery life will last for most users to “complete a long-course triathlon, consisting of a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, and full marathon at 26.2 miles.”
- Wayfinder face includes water-specific complications like water depth and temperature and can display up to eight complications.
- Delivers the most accurate GPS using the precision dual-frequency GPS that integrates both L1 and the latest frequency, L5, and new positioning algorithms. Provides “users the most precise distance, pace, and route data for training and competing.”
- Running metrics like Ground Contact Time, Stride Length, Running Power, and Vertical Oscillation.
- Multisport workouts for triathlons, duathlons, or activities with any sequence of running, swimming, or biking.
- Workout Views, such as Segments, Elevation, and Splits.
- Oceanic+ app for divers
- Compass app with three distinct views and more in-depth information.
- Race Route coming later this year.
- On-wrist operating temperature for most extreme and remote locations, “from freezing cold mountains at -4° F (-20° C) to the blazing desert heat at 131° F (55° C).”
- WR100 and EN 13319 certification for extreme water sports and activities like kitesurfing, scuba diving up to 40 meters, and wakeboarding.
- Temperature-sensing capabilities for ovulation estimates and improved menstrual cycle tracking.
- Crash Detection
- Night mode
The watch comes with three new bands specially designed for athletes and adventures.
- Trail Loop band is a lightweight woven band for endurance athletes and runners.
- Alpine Loop band features two integrated layers and a titanium G-hook fastener.
- Ocean Band, designed for extreme water sports and recreational diving, consists of a spring-loaded loop and titanium buckle for a secure fit.
Retail for $799
Customers can order the new Apple Watch Ultra today at Apple.com and it is availability will begin on Friday, September 23.
“Inspired by explorers and athletes from around the world, we created an entirely new category of Apple Watch designed for new and extreme environments — it’s the most rugged and capable Apple Watch yet. Apple Watch Ultra is a versatile tool that empowers users to push their boundaries with adventure, endurance, and exploration,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer.