Apple has shared a new video on its YouTube channel which highlights the crash detection feature in iPhone 14 Pro. The video also highlights other features like its upgraded 48MP camera and advanced display with up to 2,000 nits brightness.
iPhone 14 Pro Crash Detection
The ad is a very simple one and simply features a narration over visuals of iPhone 14 Pro going through a crash. The phone detects the crash and places an emergency call, after which an ambulance can be seen approaching the car for help.
Here’s the description of the video from Apple:
iPhone 14 Pro comes with Crash Detection, a vital new safety feature that can detect a severe car crash and automatically call for help, even when you can’t. Add this to the new 48MP Pro camera and a totally reimagined display, and iPhone 14 Pro redefines what a smartphone can do. Again.
Emergency SOS uses a cellular connection or Wi-Fi Calling.
Crash detection takes advantage of hardware technology including a new high g‑force accelerometer that can detect accelerations or decelerations up to 256 Gs. The included barometer and gyroscope work in tandem to check for pressure by airbags, and drastic changes in a car’s orientation, respectively. The microphone is also used to identify car crash or collision sounds.
In terms of software, new advanced motion algorithms have been developed through tests involving front-on, side-impact, and read-end collisions. Apple has used 1 million hours of public crash data for accuracy.
Check out the video below:
- iPhone 14 Pro always-on display – here’s how it works
- iPhone 14 and AirPods Pro 2 support Bluetooth 5.3, but LE Audio support not confirmed
- All iPhone 14 models feature 6GB of RAM
- iPhone 14 vs. iPhone 13: battery life comparison
- AppleCare+ for iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max subscription fees
- AppleCare+ for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus subscription fees
- Apple introduces two new finishes for iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max: Space Black and Deep Purple
- iPhone 14 series widens the gap between standard and Pro models
- Here is how the new iPhone 14 Pro “magical” Dynamic Island works
- iPhone 14 Pro’s 48MP camera system enables improved low-light performance, new Action mode, and much more
- iPhone 14 lineup offers Emergency SOS via satellite, eliminating the need for cellular or Wi-Fi
- iPhone 14 lineup ditches the SIM card for eSIM technology in the U.S.
- iPhone 14 Pro tidbits: thickness, brighter display, autofocus, 4K Cinematic mode, Emergency SOS via satellite cost and more
- iPhone 14 Pro benchmarks: A16 is up to 15% faster than iPhone 13 Pro