During the WWDC 2022 Keynote, Apple unveiled a new 35W Dual USB-C power adapter on its online store. The new compact power brick will enable users to charge multiple devices simultaneously. However, the company has not mentioned when the Dual USB-C power adapter will be available, its current status is “coming soon”.
Never before Apple has sold a dual USB-C port power plug, the new 35W Dual USB-C power adapter is the first of its kind.
[Update: Consumers can now order the Dual USB-C power adapter for $59.]
In April 2022, 9to5Mac spotted a support document for the “35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter” which was deleted immediately. Later, ChargerLAB shared images of the alleged power brick. The information listed on the support document and the leaked images of Apple’s new dual USB-C were accurate.
Apple’s new 35W Dual USB-C power adapter will retail for $59
The new charging accessory has the classic all-white Apple design with two USB-C ports. It will retail for $59 but will not come with a USB-C charging cable. But it is not a problem, because most devices And when it is available, consumers will be able to order from Apple.com.
The 35W Dual USB-C Port Compact Power Adapter allows you to charge two devices at the same time, whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go. The compact size and folding prongs make it easy to pack and store. Apple recommends using it with MacBook Air. You can also use it with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and AirPods.
It is compatible with the following Apple devices:
- iPhone 8 and later models
- Apple Watch 1st generation and later models
- MacBook Air (M2, 2022), (M1, 2020), (Retina, 13‑inch, 2020), (Retina, 13-inch, 2018 – 2019) and (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015 – 2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Air (5th, 4th, and 3rd generation)
- iPad (9th, 8th, and 7th generation)
- iPad mini (6th and 5th generation)
- AirPods (3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation) and Wireless Charging Case (2nd generation)
- AirPods Pro and Wireless Charging Case for AirPods
- AirPods Max
- macOS Ventura makes USB-C and Thunderbolt connectivity safer by requiring user permission for transmission of data
- iOS 16 beta contains reference to new HomePod model