After announcing an increase in battery replacement costs of out-of-warranty iPhones, iPads, and Macs, Apple implemented the change on March 1.
Now, Apple’s battery replacement cost for all iPads and iPhone models older than iPhone 14 is up by $20 and increased by up to $50 for Macs.
All Apple products come with a free one-year limited warranty which covers manufacturing issues and 90 days of complimentary technical support. For extended warranty covering hardware repair and incidents of accidental damages and theft, customers can also purchase AppleCare+ warranty plans for their devices.
Therefore, the company’s parts repair and battery replacement costs vary for devices with and without a warranty. Here are the new Apple battery replacement prices for out-of-warranty iPhone (iPhone 13 and older), iPad, and Mac models.
New Apple battery replacement cost for out-of-warranty devices
Below are the new prices as per the estimates on Apple’s repair and services webpages for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
New iPhone battery replacement price
- $89 for iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, and iPhone X series
- $69 for all iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, and iPhone SE models
- $99 for all iPhone 14 models, the same as it was introduced in September 2022.
New iPad battery replacement price
- $199 for iPad (10th generation), iPad mini (6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air (5th, 4th, 3rd and 2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st generation) and 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd, 2nd, and 1st generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro and 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
- $179 for 12.9-inch iPad Pro (6th generation)
- $149 for 11-inch iPad Pro (4th generation)
- $99 for iPad (9th, 8th, 7th, 6th and 5th generation)
New Mac battery replacement price
- $159 for all MacBook Air models
- $249 for all MacBook Pro and MacBook models
It must be kept in mind that Apple’s new battery replacement prices are applicable in the United States and other countries.
However, DYI repair experts at iFixit are going to replace batteries for Apple customers at the same price as before.
Apple's battery prices are increasing today by up to $50 for select iPhone, Mac, and iPad devices. Ours aren't.
Get a battery replacement for your Apple device without the price hike. Available in Part Only or Fix Kit form backed by our Quality Guarantee.https://t.co/2EJjUMKRc6 pic.twitter.com/IldKhbP07V
— iFixit (@iFixit) March 1, 2023