Apple has announced the next-generation Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro chips. Available for order, the new desktop computer will be available starting from January 24.
If you are looking to upgrade your existing Windows PC and Intel-based Mac mini to the latest M2 Mac mini model or simply are a first-time customer, then you should know the warranty coverage of the new desktop computer in case of accidental damage or damage caused by normal usage.
Every Mac comes with a one-year hardware repair limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. However, it does not cover accidental damage and damage caused by normal wear and tear which is only offered by AppleCare+, along with other perks like coverage for accessories such as the power adapter, Apple memory (RAM), Apple USB SuperDrive, 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone, and more.
Cost of AppleCare+ warranty plans for Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro chips
Depending on your budget, you can choose any one of the following monthly, yearly, or trio annual plans which automatically renew until cancelled:
Mac mini AppleCare+
- $8.25/ month for 12 month
- $34.99/ year
- $99 for three years of coverage
The ‘three years of coverage’ plan for $99 is the most feasible warranty plan which will save you a lot of money. The monthly warranty plan is the most expensive in the long run which will total $99 for a year.
How to buy AppleCare+ for Mac mini
You can purchase an AppleCare+ plan for your new Mac mini through any one of the listed ways:
- Buy an AppleCare+ plan at the time of purchasing the new Mac via Apple online or retail store.
- Buy within 60 days of purchase
- On your device through Settings > General > About
- At an Apple Store with proof of purchase
- In the United States, call 800-275-2273
- Apple announces 2023 MacBook Pro with M2 Pro and M2 Max chips
- 2023 MacBook Pro repair costs: screen, battery, enclosure and other damages
- Here are the prices of 2023 MacBook Pro and Mac mini models
- iPhone 14 repair costs: screen, battery, back glass, rear camera and other damages
- 11-inch and 12.9-inch M1 iPad Pro (2021) screen repair and service cost