Apple has announced the new 2023 MacBook Pro models. The next-generation laptops offer enhanced performance with advanced M2 Pro and M2 Max chips, up to 22 hours of battery life, Wi-Fi 6E support, and much more.
However, daily usage can cause damage to the laptop’s aluminum enclosure, Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion tech for an adaptive refresh rate of up to 120Hz, and 70-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery.
Accidental falls can also damage the laptops’ FaceTime camera, keyboard, trackpad, or other components. Therefore, it is important for consumers to know its warranty coverage for repairs. We have listed down everything you need to know about the 2023 MacBook Pro repair costs with and without a warranty.
Repair costs of MacBook Pro with and without warranty
The new MacBook Pro models come with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty which covers manufacturing defects free of cost but does not cover accidental damages.
14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro (2023) without warranty
- Cracked screen (front only) – $99
- Battery – $249
- Enclosure damage – $99
- Other damage – $299
14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro (2023) with AppleCare+ warranty
- Battery – no additional fee if the device’s battery holds less than 80% of its original capacity.
- Unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection but each incident is subject to a service fee: $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, and $299 for other damages, plus applicable tax.
Cost of AppleCare+ warrant plans for new 2023 MacBook Pro models
At the time of purchase or within 60 days, users can buy an Apple Care+ plan from Apple online or retail store for the following prices:
AppleCare+ plan for 14-inch MacBook Pro
- $23.25/month for 12 months
- $99.99/ year
- $279 for three years of coverage
AppleCare+ for 16-inch MacBook Pro
- $33.25/ month for 12 months
- $149.99/ year
- $399 for three years of coverage
- Here are the prices of 2023 MacBook Pro and Mac mini models
- Apple introduces 2023 Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro starting at $599
- Apple unveils next-generation M2 Pro and M2 Max chips
- Apple had the highest market share of global smartphone shipments at 25% in 2022
- Apple to launch next-generation HomePod in 2023