For 2021, Apple Entrepreneur Camp for female founders and developers, the company has announced that it has opened the application process and interested female developers from around the world have till July March 26 to send their paperwork. The accepted candidates will be able to attend various sessions from July 20 to 29.
The Cupertino tech giant is pro-actively engaged in community building, especially the Black and Brown communities in the United States, by providing them opportunities to learn coding and other technology-related education for schools, businesses and more. Last week, the company held its first-ever Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Black developers and founders in celebration of Black History Month and now an Entrepreneur Camp for female developers will provide them with the skill and knowledge to take their apps to the next level.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp supports underrepresented founders and developers as they build the next generation of cutting-edge apps and helps form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of these entrepreneurs in technology.
Attendees receive code-level guidance, mentorship, and inspiration with unprecedented access to Apple engineers and leaders.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp applications open for female founders and developers
The attending developers will be able to use the Apple Entrepreneur Camp immersive technology lab and get skill-building education, mentorship, support. And some selected organizations will get free of cost one-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers, a one-year membership in the Apple Developer Program, and access to the camp’s alumni network. As per the listing, the eligibility criteria is as following:
- Your organization must have:
- A female founder, cofounder, or CEO;
- A female developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- A developed app or functional build that you can demo live.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and proficient in English.
- The female founder, cofounder, or CEO, the female developer, and additional developer or designer of any gender (if applicable) must be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the program.
The applying developers will have to provide details for their current employer with three references, app, describe what she aims to gain from the camp and future plan, and availability dates. To apply to Apple Entrepreneur Camp for female founders and developers click here.