Apple is sincerely restructuring its entire supply chain, operation, and transportation system to be environmentally friendly. Therefore, to achieve carbon neutrality, the company is gradually shifting its entire value chain (corporate operation and full product life cycle) to 100% renewable energy. And the Cupertino tech giant’s goals, strategy, and achievements are shared in the newly published ‘Environmental Progress Report 2021’.
The report states the companies mission statement which reads, “Apple Inc. is committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers, and the global communities where we operate. We recognize that by integrating sound environmental, health, and safety management practices into all aspects of our business, we can offer technologically innovative products and services while conserving and enhancing resources for future generations. Apple strives for continuous improvement in our environmental, health, and safety management systems and in the environmental quality of our products, processes, and services.”
Apple’s Environmental Progress Report 2021
In July 2020, the Cupertino tech giant announced that it plans to become 100% carbon natural by 2030, across its supply chains and products. The same year, the company removed power adaptors and EarPods from the box of the entire iPhone 12 series as a step to reduce mining, carbon emission by transportation, and electronic waste. Thus, the new environmental report reiterates the company’s commitment to a greener world.
- Achieve carbon neutrality for our entire carbon footprint by 2030, and reach our science-based emissions reduction target
- Create products with net zero carbon impact by 2030
Apple’s environmental-friendly indicators
- Impact Accelerator
- 100+ suppliers committed to using 100% renewed electricity
- 99% recycled tungsten in iPhone 12 and Apple Watch Series 6
- 100% renewable energy source for all Apple facilities
- 15M metric tons of emissions avoided due to carbon reduction initiatives
- Energy use reduced by 13.9M kWh through efficiency efforts
- 40% of all material in MacBook Air with Retina display comes from recycled sources
- Carbon neutral for corporate operations since April 2020
- Safer Choice Partner of the Year award from the EPA
- Restore Fund will invest up to $200M in natural climate solutions
Read the complete report here.