In celebration of the new year, Apple Fitness+ has announced a new workout type, meditation sessions, Spotlight artists, guests, and more coming to subscribers. Starting on January 9, Fitness+ will add a new Kickboxing workout, a sleep theme for meditations, Beyoncé Artist Spotlight, Time to Walk guests, and workout sessions with three new trainers.
Previously, Fitness+ was integrated with iOS to allow all iPhone users with compatible models to subscribe to the service and focus on their physical and mental health.
Everything new coming to Apple Fitness+ on January 9
- Kickboxing workout for total-body cardio to build stamina, strength, balance, and coordination without any equipment. New workout sessions will be up to 30 minutes long and each workout will include rounds of moves and one final round that combines all moves learned during the session.
- Sleep Mediations will be added every week consisting of four 20-minute sessions to release anxiety and tension, along with existing 9 themes like Resilience, Gratitude, and others.
- New trainers joining Fitness+ are Nez Dally to lead Kickboxing workouts who is a muay thai fighter, Jenn Lau for Strength, and Brian Cochrane for HIIT.
- Beyoncé Artist Spotlight workout playlist featuring songs from her latest album RENAISSANCE.
- Additional Artist Spotlight to feature offerings from the Foo Fighters on Jan 16, and Bad Bunny on Jan 23.
- 5th Time To Walk season to include episodes with new guests every week:
- Jamie Lee Curtis, actor
- Amber Ruffin, host
- Jason Segel, actor, and producer
- José Andrés, Spanish chef and founder of the World Central Kitchen
- Nina Hoss, an acclaimed German actor
- Colman Domingo, actor, writer, and director
- Nathan Chen, US figure skater, three-time world champion, and 2022 Olympic champion
- Sheryl Lee Ralph, actor and singer
- Two new Collections offer curated content from the Fitness+ library to help subscribers reach their fitness goals:
- 6 Weeks to Restart Your Fitness
- Level Up Your Core Training
Jay Blahnik, Apple’s vice president of Fitness Technologies said:
“No matter where people are on their health and well-being journey, Fitness+ makes it easy to get started and stay motivated with workouts and meditations that are welcoming to all. Whether people want to boost their cardio with the newest workout type, Kickboxing; move to Beyoncé’s latest hits; or wind down before bed with a meditation, there really is something for everyone to take care of their body and mind in the new year.”