Apple Fitness+ has announced exciting new features coming to the service later this month like the expansion to iPhone, availability in 21 countries, Taylor Swift as Artist Spotlight featuring songs from her new album “Midnights” and much more.
Here are all the exciting new features coming to Fitness+ on October 24
- iOS 16.1 will fully integrate Fitness+ with the iOS Fitness app for users in 21 countries can look after their health anywhere at any time by following a workout of their choice, even without an Apple Watch.
- Launch of “Yoga for Every Runner”, a new workout program for cross-training to improve speed and strength and prevent injury. It is designed and will be led by the world’s top ultramarathon athlete, Scott Jurek, and Fitness+ Yoga trainer Jessica Skye.
Jurek said, “whether people are new to running or seasoned veterans, I hope these 10-minute workouts in this program on Fitness+ will help users feel more confident and comfortable incorporating yoga into their training and recovery.”
- Taylor Swift’s Artist Spotlight series will debut on the service featuring songs from her new album “Midnights”. Every Monday for three weeks, new workouts featuring Swift’s music will appear across workout genres, Dance, Treadmill, Yoga and others with exclusive themes.
In a Treadmill workout, the first letter of each coaching tip by Fitness+ trainer Scott Carvin will combine to spell “SWIFTIE.” In a HIIT workout, Fitness+ trainer Anja Garcia will coach users through 13-second intervals to lean into Swift’s affinity for the number 13.
- New Time to Walk episodes feature guests like globally renowned singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor, former astronaut, and colonel Eileen M. Collins, and Emmy-winning actor Hannah Waddingham.
- Three new Collections of curated content to help users achieve their fitness goals:
- Totally ’80s Cycling to feature eight workouts to boost cardio fitness.
- Best Mindful Cooldowns for Athletes to feature a series of total-body stretches and short visualizations to aid in mental preparation for sports and recovery.
- 14-Day HIIT and Strength Challenge to feature 30-minute Strength and HIIT workouts.
- Special offers to get three months of Fitness+ for free with purchases from SilverSneakers, Target, UnitedHealthcare, and Mobile Health, and with the purchase of a new iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
Jay Blahnik, Apple’s vice president of Fitness Technologies said:
“We built Fitness+ to be the most inclusive and welcoming fitness service in the world, and the response from our users has been overwhelmingly positive. We wanted the amazing impact of Fitness+ to reach iPhone users, and with special offers from partners like SilverSneakers, Target, and UnitedHealthcare, it’s easier than ever to get started on your health and fitness journey.
Whether users want to get outside and go for a walk with Time to Walk, improve their running with ultramarathoner Scott Jurek, or get moving to one of their favorite artists, like Taylor Swift, there really is something for everyone to stay motivated.”
Apple Fitness+ is available for $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year subscription plans with family-sharing support and requires iPhone 8 or later with iOS 16.1 or Apple Watch Series 3 or later with iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14.3 or later.
It is available in US, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, the UAE, and the UK.