Apple Home app and HomeKit accessories will get plenty of new features on coming Monday, September 20. With the release of iOS 15, watchOS 8, HomePod 15, and tvOS 15 updates, Apple will roll out new capabilities which will allow users to manage their homes more efficiently. Here are the new features coming soon to Apple HomeKit.
All the smart features coming to Apple HomeKit devices and Home app
The new Home app on Apple Watch models compatible with watchOS 8:
- Users easily access HomeKit accessories and scenes in a particular moment and control accessories by room, all from their wrist.
- With HomeKit enabled camera, users will be able to view who is at the door on their smartwatch.
- By simply tapping on the Intercom, users will be able to broadcast a message throughout the home or individual room via their HomePod mini or other devices.
The new Home app on iPhone models compatible with iOS 15:
- With Siri support on third-party devices, iPhone users will be able to enable “Hey Siri” on managing their HomeKit accessories via the voice assistant.
- The “Hey-Siri” enable accessories will communicate requests via HomePod mini or HomePod and will support features like Intercome, alarms, Personal Requests, and timers.
- On updated iPhones and iPads to iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, users will be able to add unlimited numbers of cameras to HomeKit Secure Video by purchasing a subscription for the new iCloud Play 2TB plan which is $9.99 per month. It will be a big jump from, previously allowed, up to 5 maximum numbers of cameras.
The new Home app on Apple TV models compatible with tvOS 15:
- Users will be able to view multiple cameras at the same on their Apple TV.
- To make the viewing experience more enjoyable, users will be able to pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K to listen to room-filling stereo sound.
- Apple TV 4K and HomePod mini will be able to announce when security cameras connected to HomeKit secure Video cameras spot a package.