Cupertino tech giant released a new AR Easter Egg with the official announcement of the upcoming ‘California Streaming’ event on September 14 to launch the new iPhone 13 series, Apple Watch Series 7, and other products.
Recently, Apple launches AR effects or logos for new events. However, the September event’s AR Easter egg is on a whole new level. It delivers an immersive experience where the user is transported to a new Twilight zone in the mountains by a lake while listening to electronic playback music ‘Weather‘ by WDL. As the user walks further, the date ‘9.14’ appears on top of the lake.
In oppose to the colorful Spring Loaded event, the color theme of this event is on the darker side with a pinkish hue with a deep blue tone. Maybe, it is a reference to the expected new matte black, rose gold, and golden color options of the iPhone 13 series.
The upcoming iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max are expected to feature new colors including Rose Gold and a new sunset Gold. Which color are you more excited about? pic.twitter.com/dqdqUICiu7
— Apple Hub (@theapplehub) September 4, 2021
How to enjoy Apple’s new ‘California Streaming’ AR portal experience
- Log on to the Apple Events support page on the iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the Apple or event’s logo to launch the AR portal
- Walk into the AR Easter egg to an immersive experience of the serene mountainous valley and the placid lake.
The company’s SVP of worldwide marketing Greg Joswiak has shared a glimpse of the AR portal on Twitter. In the short clip, non-iPhone and iPad users can also get to experience this year’s creativity, directly from Apple Park.
Micheal Steeber shared the technical construction of the new AR Easter egg and is impressed by its design.
— Michael Steeber (@MichaelSteeber) September 7, 2021
In addition to next-generation products, consumers can expect the public release of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, watchOS 8, and macOS Monterey.
- iPhone 13 will feature portrait mode video, ProRes format, and a smaller notch
- Cheaper AirPods 3 will launch in Fall along with iPhone 13 series and Apple Watch Series 7
- New report re-confirms the launch of mini-LED MacBook Pro in late 2021