Apple’s senior vice president of Services, Eddy Cue shared achievements across the company’s services in 2022 in an open letter. Celebrating 2022 as the “groundbreaking year for entertainment”, the letter details that Apple services hit 900 million paid subscriptions including Apple Arcade, Fitness+, TV+, Apple Music, News, Podcasts, Books, Apple Card, and others.
Apple services’ achievements in 2022
- Across services 900 million paid subscriptions
- App Store paid $320 billion to developers offering digital services and goods since the platform launched in 2008
- Arcade added 50 new titles including Gibbon: Beyond the Trees, Wylde Flowers, Warped Kart Racers, Jetpack Joyride 2, and others, and released more than 300 updates for existing games. The service hit 250 million in-game achievements.
- Music now features more than 100 million songs with Spatial Audio which is enjoyed by 80% of its subscribers worldwide.
- Shazam celebrated its 20th anniversary with 70 billion all-time Shazams. The service launched 17 new national charts and 59 new city charts.
- TV+ won 300 awards including an Oscar for CODA and 1,305 nominations.
- News+ now features 3,000 professionally narrated audio stories.
- Over 95% of active iCloud accounts use two-factor authentication
- Books app offers a library of more than 10 million books and audiobooks.
- Apple Pay saw a record-breaking number of purchases in the 2022 holiday season.
Ecstatic about the remarkable year offering new experiences to users in 2022, Cue expressed excitement for what’s to come.
2022 was a groundbreaking year for entertainment. At some point over the past year, you probably discovered a new app, a new song, a new TV show or movie, or game. An experience that made you laugh, taught you something new, or helped you see the world in a new way — and moved you to share it with others.
And believe me: There’s much more to come. Moments to anticipate, enjoy, and reflect upon. Moments that will have us jumping up with excitement or at the edge of our seats, or that make us want to get up and dance. Moments that can create lasting memories and bring us closer to one another.