Apple TV+ has renewed its inspiring and motivating series ‘Dear’ for a second season with 10 new stories of how Selena Gomez, Jane Fonda, Viola Davis, Billy Proter, Sandra Oh, and others changed people’s lives for the better. Directed by award-winning, R.J. Cutler, the second season of the unscripted series is scheduled to launch later this year.
Inspired by Apple’s groundbreaking “Dear Apple” spots, “Dear…” takes an inventive and cinematic approach to biographies of the most iconic figures in society today by using letters written by those whose lives have been changed through their work. The docuseries is executive produced by Cutler alongside Jane Cha, Todd Lubin, Jay Peterson and Donny Jackson. Matador Content, a Boat Rocker Company, produces the series for Apple.
Apple TV+ reality-based series ‘Dear’ renewed for season 2
Apple TV details that episodes honor the contribution of a diverse list of role-models including singers, authors, actresses, journalists, and others. The announcement lists the names of the celebrities as,
- Academy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, and producer Viola Davis
- Multi-platinum recording artist, actress, and producer Selena Gomez
- Two-time Academy Award-winning actor, producer, New York Times best-selling author, and activist Jane Fonda
- Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Ava DuVernay
- Emmy, Tony, and Grammy Award-winning actor and singer Billy Porter
- Former Vogue creative director and journalist Andre Leon Talley
- Golden Globe and SAG Award winner, and Emmy Award-nominated actress Sandra Oh
- Renowned waterman Laird Hamilton
- The NBA’s all-time leading scorer and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
The complete season 1 of Dear is available on Apple TV+ app. The first season features stories of people who were inspired by Oprah Winfrey, Gloria Steinem, Spike Lee, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Yara Shahidi, Stevie Wonder, Aly Raisman, Misty Copeland, Big Bird, and others.
The video streaming service has begun 2021 with a vigorous start by launching a range of new titles for the current year and ordering more for coming years to expand its all originals catalog. Recently aired docu-movie on the globally popular teenage singer, ‘Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry’ has been a massive hit for Apple TV+, helping it gain 33% new viewers.