The award-winning iPhone camera app is now available on iPad. The iPad version of the app is packed with powerful features for the big screens like a new user interface, Pro View to get a scaled-down, and more.
The developer explains that Halide for iPad is not an extension of its iPhone version. The new app has been redesigned “from the ground-up” for the new form factor like positioning controls on the left and right edges for the two-handed device, the Honeycomb interface, and other features which make it easy to use the app.
New features on Halide for iPad
As per the release notes, the following new features are available on the Halide Mark II iPad version
- New Honeycomb interface with control buttons on the sides of the tablet. As the first ambidextrous camera, the app gives users have to freedom to adjust hand-preference (left or right) as per their ease in “Advanced Settings’.
- Full-size photo review with metadata
- RAW support
- Depth modes
- Lens switchers
- New Pro View feature to seamlessly read iPad photos on iPhone and vice-versa.
- All iOS editing tools and features
The Pro View feature allows users to scale down the viewfinder, which gives more room to other controls to fit on the screen:
“Tap the shrinking icon in the bottom left, and the viewfinder instantly scales down to a smaller size to judge composition. This gives full breathing room for Halide’s powerful pro tools like the color waveform and histogram, manual focus or even manual shutter and ISO controls. None of the interface now covers your image, and you can preview your composition at a smaller size. We quickly found that this can be a near essential tool for photography on iPad.”
iPad models compatible with Halide Mark II app
As the app requires iOS 13.0 or later, the following iPad models are compatible:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd, 2nd, 1st generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air (4th, 3rd generation), iPad Air 2
- iPad (7th, 6th, 5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th, 4th generation)
Users can download the app for free from the App Store and get its subscription for $1.99 per month/ $11.99 per year or $39.99 for a one-time purchase.
- YouTuber shows that 12.9-inch M1 iPad Pro perfectly fits with 1st gen-Magic Keyboard
- How to rename an AirTag using an iPhone, iPad or Mac