Apple has officially announced the date of the launch event of flagship products. On September 7, the upcoming event will be hosted in a hybrid format with online presentations and a few in-person attendees at the Steve Jobs theatre on the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California. Other important dates in September include the iOS launch and product availability.
The event is widely expected to be for the iPhone 14, Apple Watch Series 8, a new Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch “Pro”. Apple may also announce other products at its event, including the second-generation AirPods Pro.
iPhone 14 will be available for pre-orders in the same week as its launch
Prior to Apple’s official announcement, Mark Gurman from Bloomberg accurately reported that the event would take place on September 7. Furthermore, he also shared the iPhone 14 pre-order and availability dates.
- iPhone 14 pre-order date is set for Friday, September 9, and it will available in the market on September 16, only two days after launch. However, the launch dates for the Apple watch series 8, AirPods Pro, and other unreleased products are unknown.
iPhone 14 is expected to launch with the following:
- iOS 16 public release will start on September 12 The latest iOS 16 version will be pre-installed in the upcoming iPhone14 models. However, it will be released for other compatible devices before the new iPhone 14s availability.
- The same designs as their predecessor with an A15 chip, whereas, Pro models are expected to have an A16 chip.
- All models are expected to feature 6GB of RAM and support 30W charging.
- The internal storage of the device is not confirmed yet but it might start from 128 GB or 256 GB.
- The camera of the iPhone 14 will have a 6-element lens instead of a 5-element lens, which will enhance the image quality.
- As disclosed by Kuo, the front camera will feature autofocus, which will elevate the quality of the image and offer sharper images.
- Customize lock screens
- Improved Camera App
- Home automation widgets
- Updated notification system
- Improved focus
- Unsend messages