Reverse engineering expert, Alessandro Paluzzi has found that Instagram is testing three new features: add moderator, like Stories, and more. Recently, the popular social media platform announced that it is testing a new “Take a Break” feature which will send users reminders to take a break after their set duration has passed.
To compete with TikTok and YouTube, Instagram has been introducing several new changes. It replaced the exclusive ‘swipe-up’ links with new Sticker links for everyone. And the platform added new susbcriptions and badges which will not only allow users to become patrons of their favorites creators and influencers on the app but will also become a source of income for the creators community.
New capabilities expected to launch on Instagram
As discovered by @Paluzzi, Instagram is working on allowing users to add one moderator to a live video. The moderator will be able to manage live sessions by turning off comments, requests to go live, questions, copy links, and sharing sessions.
— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) November 13, 2021
The second feature he has found is the ability to like Stories. As per the shared screenshots, users’ followers will be able to leave ‘like hearts’ on their Stories which will be visible to the followers and the account holder. Currently, followers send comments and reaction emojis to Stories.
#Instagram continues to work on the ability to like a Story 👀
Here's what the ❤ will look like in the viewer list 👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/DMcUdpTk7N
— Alessandro Paluzzi (@alex193a) November 14, 2021
Previously, it was reported that the app is developing new “Favorites” feature for iOS that will allow them to add the accounts they will like to see on their Timeline in their “Favorites” list.
- How to use iOS 15 portrait video and audio effects in any app including Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok
- How to go live on Instagram with filters and effects
- How to download your Instagram Stories on iPhone
- Apple Music artists can now share their notable milestones on Instagram, Twitter and other social media channels
- How to create a Fitness Focus mode to limit distractions while working out
- How to easily schedule Notification Summary on iOS 15 and iPadOS 15