It is surely as strange as it sounds that the vastly hyped Motorola XOOM tablet running latest Android 3.0 Honeycomb OS is missing the YouTube application for many customers. A large number of buyers have been complaining about the disappearing of YouTube on their tablets, an app that the company had advertised quite strongly while promoting its new tablet. Even after multiple factory resets, as instructed by the manufacturer’s official support forum, users seem to be running out of luck when trying to get YouTube re-installed.
While we wait for some official fix, a member at XDA has published a solution which apparently seems to resolve the issue. Below is the method to install / fix YouTube on your Motorola XOOM Honeycomb tablet:
1. In Settings > Applications turn on Unknown sources.
2. Open Browser on the device and do a Google search for youtube 2.1.6 apk. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to directly link to the file, but it’s pretty easy to find anyway.
3. Download and install the file.
4. Once installed, do not run it!
5. Reboot your Xoom.
6. After reboot, you should see the YouTube icon in Apps > All.
7. A quick check in Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > YouTubeshould verify, it’s really version 3.0.15 that came back.
If this helps, please do let us know in the comments section below!