Apple recently released the fourth beta of iOS 17 to developers. In the code of the latest beta update, hints of a new feature for the highly anticipated iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have been discovered: an Action button.
As seen in the code of iOS 17 beta 4, the iPhone 15 Pro’s Action button may offer these 9 features
The Action button is rumored to be a physical button replacing the Ring/Silent switch on the upcoming Pro iPhone models. Much like the Apple Watch Ultra’s Action button, this innovative addition is set to offer a plethora of phone-focused options, empowering users to access various functions and settings quickly, without the need to unlock the device or navigate through apps.
So, what can we expect from the Action button? According to the code snippets found in iOS 17 beta 4, this button could be customizable with up to nine different options, tailored to suit individual preferences and needs.
- Accessibility: Empowering users to access a range of accessibility features, such as VoiceOver, Zoom, AssistiveTouch, and more. This inclusion reinforces Apple’s commitment to making its devices user-friendly for everyone.
- Shortcuts: Similar to the Apple Watch Ultra, users can run any shortcut they’ve created or downloaded from the Shortcuts app. From sending messages to controlling smart home devices, the possibilities are endless.
- Silent Mode: Toggling silent mode on or off will be a breeze, providing users with a convenient way to mute or unmute their ringer and alerts, just like the current iPhone models.
- Camera: With a simple press of the Action button, users can quickly launch the Camera app and snap a photo or record a video, capturing those precious moments effortlessly.
- Flashlight: No more fumbling in the dark. The Action button will allow users to turn the flashlight on or off with ease, adding convenience to everyday tasks.
- Focus: Say hello to improved productivity and reduced distractions. The Focus option lets users activate or deactivate the Focus mode, keeping them in the zone when it matters most.
- Magnifier: Ever struggled to read small text or examine tiny objects? The Magnifier option will utilize the iPhone’s camera as a magnifying glass, making life easier for all.
- Translate: Breaking down language barriers, the Translate option could allow users to launch the Translate app and begin conversations or text translations with just a single press of the Action button.
- Voice Memos: Finally, capturing ideas or memories on the go will be a breeze. The Voice Memos option lets users start or stop recording with the Voice Memos app, ensuring no inspiration goes to waste.
While Apple has yet to officially unveil the iPhone 15 Pro, industry experts anticipate the big reveal to follow the traditional September timeframe. If the rumors hold, the Action button promises to be a standout feature, setting the iPhone 15 Pro apart from its predecessors.