According to a new report, Apple TV+ has made a straight-to-series order for “Chief of War,” a limited drama series set to star Jason Momoa. Alongside starring in Chief of War, Momoa will serve as writer and producer for the eight-episode first season of the series.
Apple TV+ has another Jason Momoa series on its way
As reported by Variety, the series “follows the story of the unification and colonization of Hawaii from an indigenous point of view.” Momoa will write the series alongside Thomas Pa’a Sibbett. Both also serve as executive producers alongside Francis Lawrence, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, Erik Holmberg, and Doug Jung. Jung will serve as showrunner while Justin Chon is expected to direct the first two episodes. The series will be produced by Endeavor Content and Chernin Entertainment
The project will also mark the first time the actor has written for television. Momoa previously co-wrote, directed, and starred in the film “Road to Paloma,” which was released in 2014. He and Pa’a Sibbett also co-wrote the story for “The Last Manhunt,” and the two collaborated again for “Braven” in 2018.
This project marks the second series that Jason Momoa works on with Apple TV+. The actor already stars in one of Apple’s flagship dramas, a fan-favorite post-apocalyptic series titled “SEE,” which has been renewed for a third season. The show follows an alternate sci-fi future hundreds of years from now where a virus has caused almost all of the human race to lose their vision.
For $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial, Apple’s streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ pulls bid for Will Smith biopic after the actor’s violent outburst at 94th Academy Awards
- Apple TV+ “CODA” bags an Oscar for Best Picture at the 2022 Academy Awards
- Apple TV+ teases the “Prehistoric Planet” series narrated by Sir David Attenborough, debuting on May 23
- Apple TV+ acquires movie “Project Artemis” for $100 million starring Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson
- Apple TV+ orders new historic series on Benjamin Franklin’s political career starring Michael Douglas
- Apple TV+ acquires new feature documentary on life and career of Lewis Hamilton, Formula One world champion
- Trailer for Apple TV+ new “Pachinko” series showcases its emotional journey across two continents
- Apple TV+ orders “Metropolis”, a new drama series inspired by Fritz Lang’s science fiction work