With the iPhone 13 far in the future, and Apple yet to announce its 2020 iPhone 12, rumors about the 2021 smartphone have started to pop-up on the internet. Leakers have taken it to Twitter to share a few details about the device.
Twitter-based leaker Fudge (@choco_bit), often shares information about upcoming Apple devices. He shared details about the device in an image that displays the rear camera setup for next year’s device.
Fudge claims that 2021 iPhone 13 is likely to feature 4 camera lenses. These will be:
- 64-megapixel wide-angle lens with 1x optical zoom and 6x digital zoom
- 64-megapixel anamorphic lens for video capture (2.1:1)
- 40-megapixel telephoto lens with 3x-5x optical zoom
- 15-20x digital zoom, and 40-megapixel .25x min ultra-wide-angle lens with optical reverse zoom.
- LiDAR 4.0
Are these iPhone 13 leaks believable?
The rumored camera specs are very different from Apple’s current iPhone 11 Pro which features a 12-megapixel wide-angle camera, 12-megapixel telephoto camera, and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. The company is always working on major improvements in its camera modules, therefore, these details may easily be true.
However, the source itself suggests that the info about these camera modules comes with a “Huuuuugggeeeee amount of 🧂”, which points to the fact that the sources of this rumor may be questionable at this moment. Furthermore, given how far we are from the launch of iPhone 13, it is possible that these specifications could easily be changed or modified – inducing the design itself.
As per the information received so far, this year’s iPhone 12 models will feature a triple-lens camera system for higher-end models and dual-lens camera setup for lower-end models. 2021 iPhones will likely be designed in a similar fashion, with the best camera tech reserved for the higher-end phones.
- New Leaks show Redesigned Apple Watch Leather Loop Bands
- iPhone 12 leaks confirm price: from $649 for OLED model with 5G
- iOS 14; All features coming to iPhone and iPad this fall