LimeWire 5.4.0 Beta has been released for Snow Leopard. Regarded as the fastest P2P program on the planet earth, LimeWire brings with it new features along with a few bug fixes. One of the notable additions to LimeWire 5.4.0 is the ability to watch a video file within the application.
LimeWire 5.4.0 features
The notable features that LimeWire brings are provided below:
- Inadvertent file sharing updates to ensure users understand what is shared.
- Uploads and downloads appear in the transfer tray.
- The transfer tray is automatically hidden by default when there aren’t any transfers.
- Check downloads to see whether it is dangerous before previewing.
- Hide some file types by default associated with spam.
- Search suggestions based on files from Friends are stored in the database now, which reduces the memory footprint for large libraries of your friends.
- Improvements in search suggestions from Friends based on what files they share with you.
- Improvements in the way search results are sorted by relevance.
- Displaying the LimeWire Store button only in locations where you can use the LimeWire Store.
- File information/properties dialog box is redesigned.
- Select a different language in the View drop down menu.
- Update to the Options.
- Add the LimeWire Home Screen and the LimeWire Store icon when using Snow Leopard and running in 32-bit mode.
- Allows you to add folders to the Library or lists.
- Title Options dialog box to ‘Preferences’.
- Adds an option in the Preferences to associate LimeWire as the default application for all torrent files.
- Add an OS X style dialog so you can select multiple files and folders at once.
Download LimeWire 5.4.0 for Snow Leopard