Apple recently announced the M1-based iPad Pro, with that Logitech has introduced a new keyboard and trackpad accessory fit for the 11-inch and 12.9-inch variants, providing an affordable alternative to the Magic Keyboard sold by Apple.
Combo Touch is a Microsoft Surface-style case with detachable backing and keyboard and trackpad featuring a backlight. The device connects via the smart connector on iPad Pro.
Logitech introduces a more affordable alternative to Magic Keyboard with iPad Pro
This is the first time that Logitech has offered a 12.9-inch iPad Pro keyboard and trackpad option, but it is much cheaper than Apple’s Magic Keyboard. The 11-inch model costs $149, and the 12.9-inch model costs $229.99, compared to $299 and $349, respectively, that Apple charges. The design may not be as elegant as the Magic Keyboard, but the case will offer better protection for the iPad, the detach feature and support provide an extra degree of versatility.
The ultimate case for iPad (7th and 8th gen) has just touched down. Combo Touch combines a precision trackpad with a full-size keyboard for your iPad. Full Multi-Touch™ gesture support transforms your iPad into a productivity machine for working in spreadsheets and documents, a robust learning tool for remote classes, and more—the possibilities are endless.
The Combo Touch comes with four use modes:
- Typing Mode – allows you to dock the keyboard upright and pull out the kickstand to type out emails or notes.
- Viewing Mode – users can detach the keyboard and pull out the kickstand to watch movies and TV shows.
- Reading Mode – tuck the kickstand in and detach the keyboard to read articles, books, and more.
- Sketching Mode – users can fully extend the kickstand back for the perfect angle to take notes or draw with Apple Pencil (1st gen) or Logitech Crayon.
Logitech previously launched a similar Combo Touch keyboard for the 10.2-inch and 10.5-inch iPads, and the corresponding Folio Touch keyboard for 11-inch iPad Pro and 10.9-inch iPad Air. The Folio Touch keyboard cannot be detached, and the trackpad is slightly smaller than the new Combo Touch.
The compatible devices for the Combo Touch are:
- Combo Touch for iPad (7th and 8th gen)
- iPad (8th generation) Model: A2270, A2428, A2429, A2430
- iPad (7th generation) Model: A2200, A2197, A2198
- Combo Touch for iPad Air (3rd gen) and iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Air (3rd gen) Model: A2152, A2123, A2153, A2154
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch (1st gen) Model: A1701, A1709, A1852