Apple has upgraded its all-in-one desktop computer with the new M1 chip to deliver enhanced performance like never before. Therefore, we have a ‘M1 Mac mini vs Intel Mac mini’ comparison to know which model is better because the custom Apple Silicon is claimed to deliver 3x faster CPU performance, 6x faster graphics and unified memory to give longer battery life.
At the launch of M1 chip at the November 10 ‘One more thing’, Apple has begun the 2 years transition from Intel Core to M1 processor and the first Mac models to ship with the powerful chip are 13-inch MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini.
The Apple M1 chip takes our most versatile, do-it-all desktop into another dimension. With up to 3x faster CPU performance. Up to 6x faster graphics. And our most advanced Neural Engine for up to 15x faster machine learning. Get ready to work, play, and create on Mac mini with speed and power beyond anything you ever imagined.
M1 Mac mini vs Intel Mac mini
Currently, Apple offers two models of the mini: new Apple Silicon M1 Mac mini (2020) and Intel Core Mac mini (2018). After 2 years, the Mac mini has received a major hardware upgrade to deliver incredible performance, graphics, and lower power consumption in a slightly lighter body. We have listed down the differences between the two models in our ‘M1 Mac mini vs Intel Mac mini’ comparison.
- M1 Mac mini – Starting from $699
- Intel Mac mini – Starting from $1099
- M1 Mac mini – 8-core Apple M1 Chip
- 4 high -performance cores
- 4 high- efficiency cores
- Intel Mac mini – Up to 3.2GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 and up to 4.6GHz Turbo Boost
- M1 Mac mini – 8-core GPU and 16-core Neural Engine
- Intel Mac mini – Intel UHD Graphics 630
Memory and Storage
- M1 Mac mini – Up to 16GB and up to 2TD storage
- Intel Mac mini – Up to 64GB and up to 2TD storage
- M1 Mac mini – one 6K and one 4K display
- Intel Mac mini – Up to three 4K or one 5K and one 4K display
- M1 Mac mini – 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 and Gigabit Ethernet
- Intel Mac mini – 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet, configurable to 10Gb Ethernet
- M1 Mac mini – Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports, two USB-A ports, HDMI 2.0 port and gigabit ethernet
- Intel Mac mini – Four Thunderbolt 3 (UBS-C) ports, two USB-A ports, HDMI 2.0 port and gigabit ethernet or optional 10Gb ethernet.
- M1 Mac mini – Silver
- Intel Mac mini – Space grey
3.5mm headphone jack, built-in speaker, HMDI 2.0 support, and Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity are the same in Apple Silicon Mac mini and Intel Mac mini. The starting price of the new M1 Mac mini is the most impressive feature for me as Apple is shipping its newest and most advanced technology for a pocket-friendly price of $699. The new M1 Mac mini is available for order online and will start shipping on November 17.