Apple has released macOS 13.3.1 with a bunch of bug fixes including Apple Watch Auto Unlock not working, as well as a fix for an emoji not showing skin tone variations. The update is now available to all users with compatible Macs.
What’s new in macOS 13.3.1?
macOS 13.3.1 fixes an issue with the pushing hands emoji not showing its skin tone variations. The same fix has also been released for iOS 16.4.1 and iPadOS 16.4.1. This update also includes a fix for Auto Unlock with Apple Watch, which had stopped working with macOS 13.3. update.
macOS Ventura 13.3.1 provides important bug fixes and security updates for your Mac including:
- Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations
- Auto Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch may not work
The update also includes a few security fixes for IOSurfaceAccelerator and WebKit. Both of these vulnerabilities could allow arbitrary code execution, and Apple notes that these exploits may have been actively exploited. Therefore, it is recommended that users update to the new release as soon as possible.
Apple had previously released macOS 13.3 over a week ago with twenty-one new emojis, transliteration support for Gujarati, Punjabi, and Urdu keyboards, new keyboard layouts for Choctaw, Chickasaw, Akan, Hausa, and Yoruba, voiceOver support for maps in the Weather app, and a number of other fixes and improvements. The update also included security fixes for over 30 exploits.
Apple is also testing macOS 13.4 with beta testers at the moment. The update so far includes a fix for Apple Studio Display firmware updates which start showing progress but never complete.
- Universal Control and Handoff not working on iPadOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3, try this fix
- New iOS 16.4, macOS 13.3 and other updates patch over 30 security exploits
- Apple Podcasts app updated with new features in iOS 16.4, iPadOS 6.4 and macOS 13.3
- iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 add new action options to the Shortcuts app
- macOS 13.3 beta 3 fixes network file sharing issue
- Upcoming Apple Silicon Mac Pro being tested on macOS 13.3