Apple has released iOS 16.4.1 and iPadOS 16.4.1 to all users. The update is a very minor one and contains fixes for Siri and Emoji. This release is different than iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 which are currently in beta testing.
What’s new in iOS 16.4.1?
This small release fixes an issue with one of the new ‘pushing hands’ emoji that Apple included in iOS 16.4.1 which would not show skin tone variations. The second fix is related to Siri which would not respond in certain situations.
Here are the official release notes from Apple for iOS 16.4.1:
This update provides important bug fixes and security updates for your iPhone including:
– Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations
– Siri does not respond in some cases
To update your iPhone or iPad to the new update, simply go to Settings > General > Software Update, wait for the update to show and tap on download and install. Make sure that you are connected to a stable Internet connection and your device has at least 50% battery charge.
Apple previously released iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 over a week ago with a bunch of new features including new emojis, push notifications support for web apps, voice isolation for cellular calls, and more.
- iOS 16.4 introduces 5G in three more regions and Google Fi 5G on iPhone
- Everything new in iOS 16.4: order tracking widgets, shortcuts app actions, and more
- Download iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 firmware IPSW files
- iOS 16.4 and tvOS 16.4 add new “Dim Flashing Lights” accessibility feature
- New iOS 16.4, macOS 13.3 and other updates patch over 30 security exploits
- Apple adds support for PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge controller in iOS 16.4
- Apple Podcasts app updated with new features in iOS 16.4, iPadOS 6.4 and macOS 13.3
- iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 add new action options to the Shortcuts app
- iOS 16.4 brings new order tracking widget for Apple Pay purchases
- iOS 16.4 RC references to new AirPods 4 and AirPods charging case [Update]
- New iOS 16.4 to end support for COVID-19 Exposure Notifications API
- iOS 16.4 RC expands Voice Isolation mode to cellular calls, here is how to enable it