Microsoft’s music service, Groove, has received a number of new changes for its app for iPhone. The new version, 3.5.6, offers a new and intuitive interface, and many new features like playback improvements, faster downloading, better support for iPhone 6 plus/6s plus displays and more.
With Groove, you can listen to your favorite artists’ albums and songs as well as tune into radio stations. You can also enjoy your Groove music collection on your iPhone, PC, iPad and web. Groove has OneDrive support so you can add songs to your OneDrive and listen to them anywhere and anytime. To enjoy music offline, you can download songs or albums from OneDrive to your device.
What’s New in Groove 3.5.6
- Faster sign-in feature for iPhone users.
- A new feature ‘Explore’ to find new releases and listen to latest popular songs.
- Improvements in playback reliability; better playback control and now playing screen. Also in ‘now playing’ you will be able to skip to points of a song.
- Faster downloading of songs for offline playing.
- New sorting options for your music collection. You will be able to see your recently played songs first, and add a date to organize your songs and albums.
- Windows 10 facilitates synchronization of Radio now with Groove.
- Better screen resolution for phones with large displays like iPhone 6 plus. On large phones, a larger and full-resolution app screen will be displayed rather than a magnified small app screen.
- Other bug fixes
With this app update, Groove has become a good alternative to Spotify and Apple Music.
You can download Groove from the App Store for free and get a subscription for $9.99/ month. It requires at least iOS 8.0 and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.