Pixelmator for iOS has been updated to version 2.3 with new selection tools and improvements, similar to the ones released for its OS X Canyon update not so long ago.
The new features, improvements and bug fixes in the new update are, mostly, centered around bringing better selection tools.
- New Quick Selection Tool enables you to make very accurate selections while the Magnetic Selection Tool precisely snaps around the objects you trace.
- Improvements in selection tools include the addition of ‘invert’ feature to invert the selected object. The Color Selection Tool is not only more precise due to Content-aware smoothing algorithm, it is also faster than before. You can have a live preview of your final selection when using the Add or Subtract selection mode. You will no longer experience transparent pixels at the edges of a selected object when you will copy, delete or transform it using the Free Selection, Rectangle Selection, and Ellipse Selection tools. The functionality of selecting objects, moving and dragging selected objects, tapping and transforming selected objects through various selection tools is made smoother and faster.
- After considerable bug fixes, you can zoom in, out and fit the image by two fingers double tap. You will have to tap to move a layer which was not selected and does not fit on the screen. To rotate a selected layer, you will have to tap on it and with two fingers inside the layer rotate it.
- The app will now ask for permission to access your Photo library to save your images created on Pixelmator.
- There are improvements and bug fixes in the selections made by Apple Pencil for more accurate, smoother and faster performance.
- Improvements in Pixelmator for iPhone include a symmetrical layout of Selection Tools and more.
You can read the detailed changelog for this release here.
Pixelmator is a great alternative to Adobe Photoshop for iOS users. It provides advanced photo editing tools and also operates as a full-featured painting app. You can save your images to your photos app and in many popular formats including PSD, PNG and more.
Pixelmator is available on the App Store for $4.99 and the update is free for existing users. The app requires iOS 9.1 and later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.