Microsoft has brought a new quick access feature with the latest version of Microsoft PowerToys for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The new quick access feature lets users quickly jump into common PowerToys functions directly from the Taskbar through a new flyout in the System Tray.
Here’s everything new in Microsoft PowerToys Preview version 0.67.0
Microsoft released a new version of PowerToys for Windows 11 and Windows 10, which brings a new Taskbar quick access flyout for PowerToys shortcuts, bug fixes, and quality-of-life updates.
Before when clicking on the PowerToys icon in System Tray simply opened the main PowerToys app windows that let users configure different features. But now, users can directly jump into the most commonly accessed PowerToys functions from a flyout which is designed to look native to Windows 11
Here are Microsoft PowerToys v0.67.0 release notes,
- Highlights: Added an option for PowerToys Run to tab through results instead of context buttons.
- Highlights: All PowerToys registry entries are moved from machine scope (HKLM) to user scope (HKCU).
- Highlights: Quick access system tray launcher.
- Awake: Disable instead of hiding the “Keep screen on” option.
- FancyZones: Refactored and improved code quality.
- File Explorer: Fixed escaping HTML-sensitive characters when previewing developer files.
- Image Resizer: Improved code quality around a silent crash that was being reported to Microsoft servers.
- PowerToys Run: Add option to tab through results only.
- PowerToys Run: System plugin – Updated Recycle Bin command to allow opening the Recycle Bin.
- PowerToys Run: System plugin – Improved Recycle Bin command to not block PT Run while the deletion is running.
- PowerToys Run: System plugin – Small other changes to improve the usability of the Recycle Bin command.
- PowerToys Run: WindowWalker plugin – Show all open windows with the action keyword.
- Quick Accent: Added dashes characters.
- Quick Accent: Added Estonian characters.
- Quick Accent: Added Hebrew characters.
- Quick Accent: Added diacritical marks.
- Quick Accent: Added Norwegian characters.
- Settings: Fixed URL click crash on the “What’s New” screen.
- Settings: Added quick access system tray launcher.
Note that PowerToys is still in the preview version but is full of features and enhancements for Windows 11 and Windows 10, built by Microsoft and the community as an open-source effort.
- Microsoft brings new Spotify and Phone Link widgets to Windows 11
- Windows 11 begins auto-updating 21H2 users to new 22H2
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says India is a major focus of the company
- Apple’s install base is now over 2 billion active devices, a milestone achievement
- Apple reports $117.2 billion in revenue with a 5% decline in Q1, 2023