Emojipedia has announced Emojis 15.0 sample designs for 2022-23. The latest emoji draft list includes a new hand gesture and face, heart colors, animals, plants, objects, and more.
The upcoming characters are approved for this September, ahead of World Emoji Day. The new design samples have been created by Joshua Jones from Emojipedia.
Here are all the new characters that can be part of Emoji 15.0 in 2022-23
Today, characters are an integral part of users’ electronic communication across platforms. Visual characters allow users to express their thoughts, feelings, and more easily and quickly.
Therefore, Emojipedia is giving users more options to choose from to make their interactions more expressive. Here are all the new design samples part of the 31 characters recommended for 2022.
- Shaking face
- Pushing hand: right and left orientation
- New heart colors: pink, light blue, and grey
- Hair Pick
- Khanda – a symbol of the Sikh faith
- Wi-Fi symbol
- A blackbird
- Hand fan
- Purple flowers like Hyacinthus orientalis or Lavandula
- Maracas musical instrument
As per the announcement, users must keep in mind that all characters depicted in the sample list might not be included in the final list, and their designs might vary on different platforms and are subject to change.
Users can also vote for their favorite character as part of the 2022 World Emoji Awards here to show which characters are more popular.
If the designs are approved in the final version of Emoji 15.0 in September 2022, they will be available on Google in Oct-Dec of this year and will release on iOS, Android, Facebook, and Twitter in Jan-Oct 2023.
For iPhone users, Apple unveiled new memojis on iOS 16 that include new hairstyles, stickers, and more.
- Apple releases iOS 15.6 and iPadOS 15.6 release candidates to developers
- YouTube announces Picture-in-Picture is finally coming to iOS
- iOS 16 features – here is everything you should know
- iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 adds redesigned “Subscriptions” management interface
- Apple seeds macOS Monterey 12.5 release candidate to developers