Microsoft has announced the long-awaited new Profiles feature to Outlook for Mac, making it easy to manage different email accounts on the same computer.
Outlook for Mac users now can switch between different profiles
As described by Microsoft in an official blog post, Outlook for Mac gains support for different email profiles., meaning users can have one set up for business use, another for personal emails, or as many more profiles as they need.
In Outlook Mac, you can now create profiles – for example, one for your work account, and another for your personal account. You can then select your work profile and Outlook will not bother you with any notifications from your personal email accounts. Similarly, if you select your personal profile at home, Outlook will not bother you with work-related emails.
The new Profiles feature In Outlook for Mac enables users to apply different themes to their work and personal accounts. Now It also lets macOS users connect their email accounts to Apple’s Focus Filters.
When switching to one email profile, Mac users won’t receive any notifications from any of its other profiles on Outlook. Users can switch between profiles by clicking on the profile they want to use or accessing it through the keyboard with the Control and Tab keys. However, users will need to add at least two accounts to use the feature in the app.
Microsoft added some other email profile benefits:
- Theme your work profile to be a different color than your personal profile.
- Switch between various Outlook to help with work-life balance. For example, you can switch to your personal profile, every weekday after 6pm and switch back to work at 8am, the next day.
- Set up as many profiles as you need to best manage your time and your inbox.
- Define different Outlook window appearance for different profiles.
- Tie your email accounts within Outlook for Mac to Apple’s Focus Filters.
Furthermore, the new profile-switching experience is only available for Office Insiders running Version 16.70 (Build 23021201) or later and in the new Outlook for Mac client.
- Why Apple Savings may be the best high-yield savings account for you
- Apple updates the trade-in page with a modern look and sustainability focus
- iPhone 15 to get Pro-style frosted glass back panel
- iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max rumors: design, features, and more [New: Customizable mute button]
- iPhone 15 Pro to replace the mute switch with a customizable “Action” button