Parallels 18 for Mac is now available as a major update with support for ProMotion displays on 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros, M1 Ultra support on Mac Studio for up to 96% faster performance for Windows 11, and improved gaming support with higher frame rates, smoother Windows performance, and Xbox and PS4 controller support via Bluetooth.
The new Parallels update also features support for macOS Ventura, as well as USB 3.0 and improved compatibility for Intel (x86) apps.
Parallels 18 for Mac features
Here is a breakdown of all the new features in Parallels 18, as per the official announcement.
Parallels 18 for Mac Standard Edition
Improved Windows 11 performance, with support for ProMotion displays on 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro and the M1 Ultra chip in Mac Studio.
Optimized for the latest Apple hardware, users can enjoy compatibility with Apple’s ProMotion display and unleashed performance of the Apple M1 Ultra chip that delivers up to 96% faster Windows 11 on a Mac Studio, * while staying up to date with any upcoming macOS upgrades.
One-click Windows 11 download and setup:
Users can now get Windows 11 downloaded, installed, and configured in just one click saving time with setting up, as well as download a free set of ready-to-use Linux systems.
Support for Xbox and PS4 controllers, as well as high frame rate for an improved gaming experience:
Users can now simply connect a game controller to their Mac, switch to Windows, and start playing. Enjoy smooth Windows UI and video playback, a higher frame rate, and much more.
Improved compatibility for USB 3.0, which brings support for live streaming devices from companies like Elgato and Startech. Improved compatibility for Intel (x86) apps allows running apps in Windows 11 on ARM, especially those that access files from the Mac disk.
Parallels Standard Edition costs $99.99 per year, or $129.99 for a lifetime license.
Parallels 18 for Mac Pro Edition
Alongside the aforementioned features, the Pro Edition features the following features:
- Power network conditioner on Apple M1 Macs to allow users to set up different network conditions in the virtual machine to simulate various network conditions.
- Improved security through isolation of virtual machine network on M1 Macs.
- The ability to network boot with Linux ARM virtual machines.
- Ability to analyze application performance in a separate VM through an enhanced Parallels plug-in for Visual Studio.
Parallels Pro Edition costs $119.99 per year.
Parallels 18 for Mac Business Edition
The Business Edition has the features from the Pro Edition, but also adds the following:
- SSO/SAML authentication for employees so they can sign in and activate Parallels Desktop with their corporate account.
- Ability for admins to deploy, provision, or transfer Windows 11 virtual machines on employees’ Macs.
- Ability to manage Parallels customer experience program from Parallels My Account.
Parallels Business Edition costs $149.99 per year.