The popular messaging app, Telegram for iOS is updated to version 9.5.1 which includes a new Power Saving mode, granular playback speed, and more.
Available on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, the Telegram app delivers a unique communication experience to users by letting them send texts, photos, videos, stickers, and more in chats all protected by end-to-end encryption. It is also a great tool to host online communities as users can create group chats with up to 200,000 members, share any type of document up to 2GB, and even set up bots for specific tasks.
Earlier this month, Telegram for macOS introduced a power-saving mode to conserve Macs’ energy and improve users’ experience. Now, the power-saving feature is available on iOS which disables power-consuming animations and media to preserve power.
Telegram for iOS is more power efficient with the new Power Saving mode
The latest update also brings new playback speeds, read receipts for groups, translatable bots, previews in chats, direct invitation links and more. The release notes read:
- One switch to disable all resource-intensive animations and autoplay for media, stickers and emoji.
- Power saving mode turns on automatically based on battery charge.
- Fully flexible playback speed settings for videos, voice and video messages.
- Tap the “2X” button to quickly switch between 1-1.5-2x speed – or hold it to set any speed between 0.2-2.5x.
- Read receipts in groups under 100 members now show the time when your messages were read.
- When inviting people to groups, you can quickly send invite links to anyone who doesn’t allow adding them directly.
- Invite links now show previews in chats.
- • Toggle dynamic pack order. Choose if you want recently used sticker packs to be displayed above the older ones in the panel.
- Fully translatable bots. Bot descriptions and ”What can this bot do?” sections can now be translated.
- Improved folder support. Mark all messages in a folder as read and use folders when forwarding.