The popular instant messaging app, Telegram Messenger has been updated to version 8.7 with several new features and improvements like custom notification sounds, auto-delete options, improved message translation, and much more.
Telegram is a fast, and secure messaging app that syncs users’ data across devices. Users can send unlimited media and files, create groups, use animated stickers and emojis, and much more on the app. The previous update of the app introduced reactions, translation, and interactive emojis.
Here are all the new features on the Telegram Messenger app
To improve users’ experience on the platform, Telegram has introduced more customization options, chat improvements, and support for languages. Here is everything new on Telegram.
- Custom Notification Sounds – Users can select short music files or audio clips as the notification sound for different contacts on the app.
- Press and hold audio files in chats to add them to your list of sounds – or use ‘Upload Sound’ in the Notifications menu.
- Tap Mute > Customize on the chat info page to change its notification settings.
- Set custom tones by chat type in Settings > Notifications and Sounds.
- Custom Mute Durations – For each contact, users can set a time duration to mute notifications.
- Tap the Mute button on a chat’s info page to manage its notifications.
- Choose ‘Mute for…’ to turn off notifications for a preset period, like 1 hour or 1 day.
- Disable alerts until a specific date and time via Mute for… > Mute until…
- New Auto-Delete Menu in Profiles feature lets users easily and quickly access auto-delete settings from the info page of any chat.
- Tap (⋯) to turn on Auto-Delete – select ‘Other’ to set a specific duration.
- Replies in Forwarded Messages are now preserved when forwarding messages.
- Shop Bots now open detailed pages directly in the chat to purchase goods and services without closing the app.
- Instantly Configure Bot admins and add them in groups or channels.
- Improved Message Translation supports more languages and delivers better results.
- Turn on the Translation option in Settings > Languages.
- Press and hold a message to translate it into another language.
Download the Telegram app from the App Store for free. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and requires iOS 9.0 or later.